Sunday, September 20, 2020

Sweets & Treats & Desserts...

Sugar.

Oh yeah.

Obviously, we all have a sweet tooth. It's impossible to resist eating that cookie at a party, or that free ice cream sundae you get on your birthday, or the brownies that kinda just fell into your shopping cart at the store, or the cookies that got dropped off on your doorstep during the holidays...

Until you have to resist it.

Because surprise- surprise! There's this thing called food allergies (or food sensitivities) that just have to go and ruin all the sugary fun.

The good news?

Allergen-friendly companies don't just stop at making Gluten-Free, Vegan (dairy & egg-free), Soy-Free "health" food. As in, food that's actually good for you.

You better believe there's plenty of everything-free sweets and treats and desserts out there for us allergen people!

Here's some of my favorites...

Enjoy Life Brand

Enjoy Life is probably the first brand I stumbled across to fulfill my sugary cravings. The thing I love about Enjoy Life is that they're free of all the major allergens, so I can have most of their products- given they don't contain some of my other miscellaneous sensitivities that are pretty ridiculous (like GARLIC- no, I'm not a vampire). All of their products are also non-GMO, all-natural, and contain no refined... stuff! Sounds almost too good to be true!
They're my #1 for all things cookies. I'm not sure I've ever actually baked an everything-free cookie in these almost 6 years, because Enjoy Life's taste SO good. They have a whole variety of flavors that come in crunchy and soft, regular-sized, small, and mini! Did I mention the flavors? Classic chocolate chip, Vanilla Honey Graham, Snickerdoodle, and Double Chocolate Brownie are just a few of their options!




In addition to cookies, Enjoy Life also has Chewy Bars (which I tried a few years ago and are really good- I'm sure they're even better now), and Breakfast Ovals (which I didn't even know were a thing haha). Both types come in a handful of different flavors- which you can check out on Enjoy Life's website :)



Also... I saw this on their homepage! Looks like some everything-free brownies are coming our way soon, which I'm way too excited about! 


Oh- and chocolate bars? They got you covered. All 3 flavors are made with rice milk.




Simply Delish Brand

I've just recently discovered Simply Delish, and let's just say, their name is completely accurate! They have puddings and jell-os that are amazing! Not only are their products dairy, gluten, nut, and soy free, along with vegan, but they are also SUGAR FREE. And non-GMO! Holy guacamole!

I've tried their Chocolate and Vanilla puddings, both of which are incredible! I love how all you have to do is mix the powder with plant-based milk (check out my plant-based milk blog post!) and stir, then eat!
They also have strawberry pudding and are coming out with banana this month (September 2020)!







They also have Jel-Desserts (Jello) that come in strawberry, peach, black cherry, orange, raspberry, and lime!



Ice Creams

I've already done a whole blog post on ice creams- go check that out when you're done here!

CAKE

There's lots of everything-free cake mixes at various stores like Sprouts and Natural Grocers. Which is great, except they LOVE to use almond flour as their main ingredient, which is a no-no food for me. I haven't experimented a lot with baking my own cakes, but Daiya has 4 different flavors of cheezecake! And let me just say, I'm not a big fan of regular cheese cake, but their cheezecake is awesome!



I've only had the chocolate and strawberry (back when I could have strawberries...), but I'm sure their New York and key lime are great, too!


Hopefully today's post gave you some new options to try to satisfy your sweet tooth! Let me know in the comments what your favorite brand/sweet is, or if you have any other favorites not mentioned here!

As always, please make sure to follow my instagram @Theeverythingfreegirl and my Pinterest- The Everything-Free Girl. And if you're new here, check out my other blog posts for more foods and recipes!

-The Everything-Free Girl

My food sensitivities include...
All Dairy
Eggs
Soy
Peanuts, Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds, Brazil nut, Walnut, and Hazel nut
Garlic, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper (and basically all other hot pepper things)
Goat milk, Buffalo milk (Seriously?)
Flax Seed, Aniseed
Gluten/Wheat
Oat, Barley, Spelt
Strawberries, Apples, Cherries
Radish
Lime




No comments:

Post a Comment