Thursday, July 23, 2020

I Scream for ICE CREAM

In Arizona, when it's 110 degrees outside, all you want to do is sit inside and eat ice cream.
Actually, in Arizona, when it's any kind of weather outside, you just want to sit inside and eat ice cream. Or, at least I do.
Luckily, there's some really good ice cream out there that, yes, is everything-free. Everything-free meaning no dairy, eggs, soy, gluten, nuts, or garlic (but who puts garlic in ice cream? I'm not a vampire). 
I may be a little bit biased towards one brand, namely the only brand I've ever tried of everything-free, creamy frozen desserts, So Delicious. Their brand name doesn't lie, their stuff really is SOOO Delicious. The only ice cream we ever buy in my household is So Delicious, because even my parents who can eat the "real" stuff, have fallen in love with this ice cream. When my friends come over, they actually ask for my everything-free ice cream. It's really magical, just like ice cream should be. Because, you know, it's ice cream!

Personally, I'm a sucker for their coconut milk ice cream (maybe because I can't have their oat, almond, soy, or cashew milk options?). My parents usually go for their cashew milk flavors, namely Salted Caramel Cluster and Chocolate Cookies N Cream. Oooo, cue the ice cream truck music. 

I'm not going to lie, I've tried a bite of the Salted Caramel Cluster, and it's pretty heavenly.

When it comes to the cashew milk, they have a handful of other flavors like Bananas Foster, Creamy Chocolate, Snickerdoodle, Dark Chocolate Truffle, and Very Vanilla. 

However, the real star of the show today is their coconut milk flavors. They actually have a whole lineup of no sugar added flavors in the coconut milk category, which is great if you're trying to kick the sugar in addition to the allergens! They also have just their regular sugar-filled options as well.

Of all the flavors I've tried, by far my favorite flavor of ice cream is...

*Drumroll please*

Mint Chip!
Mint Chip is the best because it's like vanilla, but with a minty flavor, and has chocolate chunks in it. It's just incredible, and I can't even tell the difference that it's dairy-free.

My second favorite flavors are chocolate and vanilla. I just can't choose between the two, they're both amazing classics. This is probably why Mint Chip is my all-time favorite since it's like the two combined haha. I just can't choose between the two!
In addition to those ones, they also have Strawberry, Coconut Macaroon, Mocha Almond Fudge, Cookie Dough, Cold Coffee Brew, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl for you lucky folks out there eating a pb&j right now.

I definitely can't forget about their ice cream sandwiches, which come in vanilla and coconut. Or their fudge bars. Or their chocolate dipped vanilla bean. All of which are just as heavenly as the ice cream cartons.
Am I making you hungry yet? Haha I hope so! There's nothing better in the dead heat of July than ice cream, which is a creamy treat that even us everything-free people can enjoy! You can find So Delicious's ice cream at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, Frys, and I'm sure there's more.
You can also check out So Delicious's website to see more of their other plant-based ice cream options. https://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/dairy-free-foods/dairy-free-frozen-desserts/
Anyway, I'll wrap this up now, so you can go grab your keys and get some ice cream :)

P.S. Be sure to follow my Instagram @Theeverythingfreegirl to get updated every time I add a new blog post!








No comments:

Post a Comment