Sunday, November 1, 2020

Coconut Aminos (Soy-Free Soy Sauce)

 Now, I've never been one to eat a lot of Chinese food, or its closest counterpart: the all-important soy sauce. But years ago I discovered this stuff called Coconut Aminos, which I always jokingly call my "soy-free soy sauce." 

Does it actually taste like soy sauce? I couldn't tell you, I really have no idea what soy sauce tastes like. But I do use Coconut Aminos on rice, cook meat with it, use it in stir-fries, and pretty much any other dish that could use a little extra hint of flavor. Because I can't have garlic, chili powder, or a lot of other spices that make things more flavorful, these Coconut Aminos have definitely helped make my food a lot more enjoyable!

So what exactly are "Coconut Aminos?" Basically, it's a seasoning sauce made from coconut sap, salt, and water. That's it! Even though there are only a handful of ingredients, definitely don't underestimate the amazing flavor contained in that little bottle.

You can get it at Trader Joes (they have their own brand of it), but you can also get the main brand by Coconut Secret online (Amazon, Thrive Market, etc).



And if you really fall in love, you can get some gigantic bottles too!



As always, please make sure to follow my Instagram @Theeverythingfreegirl and my Pinterest- The Everything-Free Girl. And if you're new here, check out my other blog posts for more foods and recipes!

-The Everything-Free Girl

My food sensitivities include...
All Dairy
Eggs
Soy
Peanuts, Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds, Brazil nut, Walnut, and Hazel nut
Garlic, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper (and basically all other hot pepper things)
Goat milk, Buffalo milk (Seriously?)
Flax Seed, Aniseed
Gluten/Wheat
Oat, Barley, Spelt
Strawberries, Apples, Cherries
Radish
Lime

No comments:

Post a Comment